Improve Building Information Model (BIM) workflows with tools that help you maintain more consistent data, respond faster to design changes, and streamline design tasks. New and enhanced features in AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2015 civil engineering design software include:
Corridor modelling Enhancements
Experience greater flexibility when designing and displaying corridor models.
- Corridor frequency (target and baseline)
- Corridor sampling improvements
- Retain corridor targets when substituting a subassembly
Profile Layout Enhancements
Experience greater efficiency when creating profiles.
- Extend curves and tangents to profile extents
- Create Free curve using Pass Through point
- Change Parameter Constraint (selected curve)
- New “Profile Locking” controls and display notifications for impacted Vertical Alignment entities if Horizontal Alignment changes
Production Drafting Enhancements
Create production deliverables more efficiently.
- Re-associate various Surface and Alignment labels to different Civil 3D source objects
- Stagger “Corridor Point” section labels
Work more efficiently on daily tasks.
- Improved consistency between the AutoCAD Civil 3D and AutoCAD user interface/command set
- Improved graphics, enhanced visual feedback and object selection
Build custom subassemblies more easily. Improvements include support for “Voids” in shapes, Axis of Rotation, and Rail Cant
Geographic Location (Online Map Data)
Geographic Location functionality is notably streamlined and enhanced including a new capability to capture and embed Online Map Data (e.g., aerial map information) for offline viewing and plotting.
Improved performance and more flexibility when working with point cloud files.
Interoperability and Data Exchange
Help improve collaboration with new and enhanced functionality.
- Export to Keyhole Markup Language (KML)
- Enhanced export capabilities for DWG™ and DGN
- Open and edit AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 drawings in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 and 2013 software
Access even more powerful AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 features when you purchase a license to the Infrastructure Design Suite 2015 Premium or Ultimate editions with Autodesk® Maintenance Subscription. Use these industry-specific tools to help:
- Model bridges more accurately and quickly with the Autodesk® Bridge Module. Enhance the design of bridges, bridge decks, piers, abutments, bearings, and barriers.
- More effectively streamline the import, use, and documentation of borehole data with the Autodesk® Geotechnical Module. Import boreholes in AutoCAD Civil 3D, create surfaces from borehole strata, and document borehole strips.
- Save more time with the Autodesk® River and Flood Analysis Module. Automate functions such as bridge scour computations, HEC-RAS cross-section cutting, water surface analysis, flood plain mapping, and more. Generate floodplain and floodway maps that are ready for agency submittals (Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate edition only).
- More effectively streamline the layout of rail tracks with a new Autodesk® Rail Layout Module that creates new alignments and switch graphics based on the rail turnout catalog (also a Civil 3D 2015 Maintenance Subscription benefit).
This product is available in the following languages:
English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish